Thursday, 27 May 2021

Digital Fluency Intensive - Day 4 - Dealing with Data

 

Digital Fluency Intensive - Day 4 - Dealing with Data.


1. What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?

I learned that in this kaupapa sharing is about making connections and being connected. Humans have a compulsion to share and this has been amplified, enhanced, exploited and exacerbated by the advent of social media. The abilities to create and share can be tremendous hooks for learning, especially when sharing with a purpose that helps students connect with authentic audiences who choose to listen to them.

I have also understood that Learning, Creating and Sharing are both lineal and cyclic processes.



2. What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?

Deep diving into Google sheets and then backing that up with a mini intensive has helped solidify my understanding and use of it.

3. What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

Definitely the MyMaps app as we identify, explore and research the histories of the awa in our area. Forms will be useful across the board but especially for gaining student voice of my own teaching practice.


4. What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?

It was great to pick up the extra tips on working with Google sheets and how to present and publish the data in a number of other documents and formats.



4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Craig,
    Ahhh... Google Sheets! People either seem to love 'em or loathe 'em! Sounds like you have managed to get your head around them. They are very helpful for data manipulation. Did you get to the conditional formatting stage? Game-changer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meryn,
      Yes I did but need to work with it more to fully confident with using it.
      Regards
      Craig

      Delete
  2. Talofa lava Craig,
    Great to read your blog post and your learning from the DFI day on data. There certainly was a lot to learn from the data day and you have certainly taken some pearls of wisdom away with you. Great job on embedding your graph. We will work on changing the size of the graph when we are back on DFI to fit the layout of your blog. Great to be on this DFI journey with you.
    Nga mihi
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo lei lei Amy,
    Thatnk you and yes that would be great if you could show me that.
    Regards
    Craig

    ReplyDelete