Digital Fluency Intensive - Day 5 - Collaborate - Sites
1. What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
To properly enact the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi teaching and learning need to be visible to students and whanau. As teachers, we need to make sure success is equitable and available for everyone. Conversations need to be had on planning, process, outcomes and assessment so the kaupapa of our learning programmes are visible.
A key point is realising that the learn, create, share pedagogy is able to leverage up learning.
2. What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
Definitely the korero on Google sites has certainly provided some food for thought having never worked with it. Our school go to recently, especially during lock down, has been Google Classroom and almost all staff found that a new start. I am looking forward to exploring Sites further.
3. What did I learn that could be used with my learners?
How a Google sites can be developed to provide an interactive platform to provide the hook to leverage up student engagement. I find the notion of creating a multi modal facility very appealing.
4. What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
I have found that by becoming confident in using and developing Google sites it could provide versatility and redundancy to my classroom programme enabling students to not only easily revisit earlier learning but also access learning in my absence. There are clearly other benefits but these would be the most immediate.

Kia ora Craig, tomorrow we will have a lot of time dedicated to creating and working our our sites. It will be a great time to collaborate and be creative in creating your sites. Rewindable learning as mentioned in your post will be a great benefit for your learners when you are using your class site. See you tomorrow. Amy
ReplyDeleteExcellent Amy that sounds great I am looking forward to it.
ReplyDelete